Andrea Claudio Santomaso
Chemical Engineer expert in Particle & Powder Technology
Formation and positions
- Graduated in 1999 at the University of Padua ( Italy ) in Chemical Engineering.
- Earned the PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2004 with a thesis on mixing of solids.
- Since 2008 : Assistant Professor (Ricercatore Universitario) at the Department of Industrial Engineering (University of Padova, Italy).
- Since 2013: member of the Working Party on the Mechanics of Particulate Solids (the European Federation of Chemical Engineering, EFCE). Member of the Interuniversity Consortium for Science and Technology of Materials (INSTM).
- Tecnologia dei materiali granulari (Particle Technology)
- Impianti Chimici e Sicurezza Impianti 1 (Chemical Unit Operations and Safety 1)
- Unit Operations for the Food and Pharmaceutical Industries (in english)
- Impianti Chimici 1 (Chemical Unit Operations 1)
- Particle Technology for the Food and Pharmaceutical Industries (in english).
- He has supervised or co-supervised more than 40 Master Thesis and 4 doctoral thesis.
Scuola di Reologia (School of Industrial Rheology), 2017
His research has always been related to the field of Particle & Powder Technology and faces ‘granular’ problems mainly in the following areas:
- wet granulation;
- mechanics and rheology of solids.
He has therefore developed a large expertise in the modeling granular materials and in the characterization of their physico-chemical properties of solids such as powder flowability, stickiness and wettability.
He has received funding as coordinator or member for the following national and research projects:
- Progetto Giovani Ricercatori 2001 (University of Padua); project title: Misura dei campi di velocità e densità in flussi di materiale granulare secco (Measurement of velocity and density fields in flowing dry granular materials)
- PRIN 2003, PRIN 2006 (member);
- Excellence Project 2007-2008 funded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo, CARIPARO (member);
- PRAT 2011(member), PRAT 2015 research projects (coordinator) .
Coordinator of several industrial research projects/consultant agreements with: Danieli, Fassa Bortolo, GlaxoSmithKline, Garbo, Dompè, Moretto, Ceado, Fileur, Scam, AirLiquid Welding, Nestlè SA, Zaitex, Simem, WAM, SmartUnipd/Agrex.
At present he has produced more than 140 scientific publications on Particle & Powder Technology related topics. 44 are published in international journals and the remaining in conference proceedings (mostly international ).
Since 2001, 600 citations , H-index = 14 , 3 items with more than 50 citations.
Serves as a reviewer for several journals including: Powder Technology, Chemical Engineering Science, International Journal of Pharmaceutics.